On April 23 2006, we launched the new looks for Ubin Stories along with a quiz in conjunction with Earth Day.
Several readers have responded and hazzarded a guess at the identity of the 8 items in the banner on the top of the website.
From the left to right:
1. Oriental-Pied Hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris)
2. Fallen Sea Hibiscus flower (Hibiscus tiliaceus)
3. Purple Tree Climbing Crab (Metapograpsus sp.) at the rocky shore facing Pulau Ketam, near German Girl Shrine
4. (top) German Girl Shrine banner
5. (bottom-left) Cross-section of a fig
6. (bottom-right) Pseudokarst Granite Boulder beside the Jetty.
7. Kekek Quarry, also known as Tianci (Heavenly Pool) at the lookout further north of the Thai Temple.
8. Bumboat heading out from the jetty towards Changi
How many did you get right?